Wednesday, July 15, 2009

1st day at school

Last Thursday we finally put pen to paper and signed up Charlie for kindergarten. The kindergarten isn't far from our house. This all I could find on the net about them:

Creative Young Talent Kindergarten
- Address: 101 My Kim 2, Phu My Hung, District 7, HoChiMinh City. - Tel: (848) 5412-1009
The kindergarten receives children aged 1.5 ~ 6 with 10 children per class. The facilities are of international standards, featuring live broadcasting of the children’s entire activities through IP camera to parents. Besides programs of language education and making familiar with natural science like British kindergarten program, C.Y.T. provides some aptitude subjects for children like ballet dance, vocal music, painting, and play-acting

At first I wanted Charlie to go to school so early to become more immersed in English, but I couldn't find an English language kindergarten that would take kids before the age of 2 years old. Even though the language of instruction is Vietnamese I still decided to send him there as I am worried about Charlie becoming too spoiled. Because of the huge amount of attention and the overcare he receives at home he is definitely quickly becoming a spoiled brat. I am hoping the school, along with better care at home, will despoil him.

Last Friday, was his first morning at school (5 mornings a week) and he cried most of the time. He still cried today, but most of the time he is very happy at school.

No comments: